Saturday, November 24, 2012
Happy Saturday Friends! I have truly been enjoying my break from school! I have gotten plenty of sleep, lots of yummy food, and even a little shopping. I have been hard at work on my Christmas Units for TpT since I am trying to get them posted before Cyber Monday + Bonus Tuesday. I haven't had a chance to post, but I have been nominated for the Liebster Award from two different bloggers! The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less then 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs in hopes to get them more followers. I am so thankful for all of you that are following, but I would definitely love to have more followers!
Here are the rules:
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
- No tag back (but please leave me a common on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!)
11 Random Things About Me:
1. My favorite color is pink!
2. I LOVE Cherry Coke!
3. I LOVE Baked Macaroni & Cheese!
4. I'm addicted to Reality TV.
5. I'm addicted to The Young & the Restless even when it's terrible.
6. I've never been on a cruise but would love to go on one.
7. My wedding was slightly disastrous thanks to a hurricane.
8. I love the beach!
9. I would wear flip flops year round if people wouldn't look at me like I was crazy.
10. I live in my PJs on the weekend.
11. I've had 2 jobs for 9 years - bank teller on the weekend!
Responses to The HiTech Coach's Questions:
1. What is your favorite quote, song or movie? "What's mean to be will always find a way."- Trisha Yearwood
2. What is your Favorite TV Show? Teen Mom or 16 & Pregnant
3. PC or Mac? PC - I don't have a MAC and have never used one. I just recently got an iPad though and love it!
4. Why do you blog? I started blogging as a way to share ideas and pictures with parents in my classroom, but now I use it for that as well as sharing ideas and resources with other teachers.
5. What is your favorite app? My favorite app is Facebook for sure :) Can't live without it!
6. What is your favorite blog? I have several blogs that I really enjoy, but I consistently read Kindergarten Smorgasboard - Greg is hilarious!
7. What is your favorite holiday dish? My favorite holiday dish is definitely Baked Macaroni and Cheese!
8. What is your favorite pin on Pinterest? I love to pin on Pinterest, especially school ideas!
9. What achievement are you most proud of? I am most proud of recently achieving National Board Certification!
10. Real Books or E-Books? Real Books
11. What do you like to do when you are not blogging? Relax and spend time with my family!
Responses to Live, Laugh, I Love Kindergarten's Questions:
1. If you didn't teach the grade you do now, what grade would you teach? I can't imagine not teaching Kindergarten - maybe Pre-K?
2. What is your favorite holiday? Definitely Christmas!
3. Where would you want to live if you didn't live where you currently live? At the beach!
4. What is your favorite hobby, besides blogging? Scrapbooking! (I am WAY behind!)
5. What is your favorite sports team? I am not big on sports, but I'll go with ECU because I graduated from their and the NY Giants because my husband loves them!
6. Are you a risk taker? I'd so not so much.
7. Are you a black Friday shopper? Absolutely! Not too terribly much this year just because I didn't see too many great deals, but I still went out the night before and some the next day just not so early in the morning.
8. Favorite place to visit? Myrtle Beach
9. Favorite Season and why? Summer - I love getting to see my family and the warm weather!
10. What was your first ever job? Hostess at Manchester's Crosstown Pub in Raleigh!
11. What is your favorite teaching memory? My sweet Kindergarten Graduations...watching the parents' faces when we do the Cha Cha Slide as a class is so funny :)
Questions to my nominations:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. If you didn't teach the grade you taught, what grade would you teach?
3. What's your favorite thing about teaching?
4. Favorite place to shop?
5. Favorite drink?
6. Favorite sweet food?
7. Favorite place to vacation?
8. How long have you been teaching?
9. What job would you have if you weren't a teacher?
10. What's your least favorite thing about teaching?
11. What's the best thing that has ever happened to you?
Blogs I am nominating:
I Dream of First Grade
First Grade with a Twist
The Constant Kindergartner
Fashion Craze Learning Days
Teaching in Progress
Drowning in Paper Clips
The Reinspired Teacher
Love 2 Teach 2
First Grade in Foxwell Forest
More to come later from Thanksgiving and introducing some new products! :)